Zoology 250 Self-Study Materials
- Sample Lecture exam question (20 multiple choice, 13 short answer, 1 long answer).
- Worm cross-sections (5 images, 15 questions, 387K).
- Worm diversity I (7 images, 13 questions, 165K).
- Worm diversity II (5 images, 9 questions, 149K).
- Arthropod diversity I (5 images, 12 questions, 159K).
- Arthropod diversity II (5 images, 11 questions, 147K).
(the complete collection of laboratory study images is here)
|Invertebrate Diversity Quiz
- Try your skill at identifying taxa with the Invertebrate Diversity Quiz.
- This quiz will allow you to test your knowledge of the subclasses, classes, subphyla and phyla of animals we have viewed during the course. From each block of 9 pictures, you choose the one identified in the question. To keep the quiz challenging, the order of questions, and the arrangement of images, varies at random. So each time you take the quiz it is different.
- To run this quiz, you must have Shockwave Flash (Ver 6) or later installed on your computer.
|Animal Phylogeny (Tree of Life) Review & Quiz
- Z250 Clade Study Resource: Easily view the characters that support all the clades of the Z250 Cladogram.
- Janessa Dornstauder (a Z250 student) created this interesting tool that allows you to zoom in and see the characters that support each branch of the tree.
- The content is the same as the Z250 cladograms on the web and in the coursepack, it is just easier to associate characters with branches on the tree.
- Best used in full screen mode to allow more precise control of actions with your mouse.
- Animal Phylogeny Quiz: Try your skill at identifying the location of phyla on the Tree of Life.
- This quiz will allow you to test your knowledge of where different phyla and clades occur on the animal Tree of Life (as presented in Zoology 250). Do not forget that different authorities have different opinions on the form of the tree, and that clades can always be rotated around their basal node, so position to the right or left of a branch is completely arbitrary. This quiz is intended primarily to help you remember which phyla/clades are most closely related to which others.
- How you view this quiz depends on what kind of browser and plugins you have installed. Regardless, you will need PowerPoint 2004 or a more recent version.
- Firefox will save the file and you will have to open it yourself in PowerPoint.
- Internet Explorer will play the quiz in the browser window if you have the PowerPoint plugin installed, otherwise it will save the file and you will have to open it yourself in PowerPoint.
Copyright (c) 2000-2017 by A. Richard Palmer. All rights reserved.
(revised Dec. 18, 2016)