- a localized breakdown of epithelial tissues.
- lacking spines, hooks, or other hardened structures.
- undulating membrane:
- a region of some Mastigophora in which the surface pellicle is drawn up
into a fin-like ridge by the flagellum.
- unilocular hydatid:
- a hydatid cyst with a thick, external cyst wall and asexually budding in
internal brood capsules only.
- an egg prior to the differentiation of the zygote into an embryo.
- an arrangement in which one type of structure (such as genital pores)
occurs consistently on one side of the body.
- not yet having undergone sporulation.
- uterine bell:
- a funnel-shaped organ in female Acanthocephala that collects eggs floating
within the body cavity and passes them posteriorly to a selector apparatus.
- duct in female reproductive system used to conduct eggs towards the genital