- immature proglottid:
- body segment of Cestoda containing only rudiments of the genital organs.
- indirect life cycle:
- A life cycle in which at least one of the larval stages is parasitic, in a
different host than the adult.
- a local response to cellular injury that can include capillary dilation,
leucocytic infiltration, redness, heat and pain.
- present in tissues, in the spaces between cells.
- intermediate host:
- a required host infected by a larval parasite. Where more than one
intermediate host is required, they are numbered in sequence as first, second,
- internal seminal vesicle:
- an expansion of the vas deferens within the cirrus pouch to store sperm
prior to copulation.
- present within cells.
- to retract an organ, turning it inside-out in the process.
- any agent that induces an inflammation.