Dr. Reuben Kaufman > Emeritus
215 Cormorant Crescent,
Saltspring Island, BC, Canada, V8K 1G8
Tel:++1 - (250) 931 - 0033
BSc: McGill University
MSc: McGill University
PhD: University of British Columbia
Physiology, pharmacology and endocrinology of ixodid ticks. Projects include:
- The endocrinology of voraxin, the ixodid tick 'engorgement factor'
- Endocrinology of salivary gland development and degeneration during the feeding cycle
- Control of vitellogenesis
- Actions of hormones on salivary glands and reproductive system
- Pharmacology of fluid secretion in salivary glands.