Zoology 250: Survey of the Invertebrates
What students said in 1997
About the course in general . . .
- "I really enjoyed this course -- of all the classes I had this term, it was the best, and I'm considering further invertebrates classes because of it." "I was not very interested in taking this course [originally], but that completely changed."
- "I liked the 'Tree of Life' approach. [The instructor] made the subject very interesting. He was my best prof of the term."
About the lectures . . .
- "I must say that [the instructor] was the best prof. I have had at the University of Alberta. Not only was [he] helpful and enthusiastic but very organized. Every lecture just flew by and I never left the room without learning anything (like most of my classes)."
- "The lectures were fascinating, and there was always something new to learn."
- "[The instructor] was one of the best lecturers that Išve ever had. He made the course interesting and fun through his enthusiasm and clear explanations." "I like and understand invertebrates a lot more now."
- "It's amazing how [the instructor] gets the class involved, instead of merely lecturing. There are real discussions. Wow!"
- "I like that [the instructor] answered questions enthusiastically, and that he treated the students with great respect."
- "[The instructor] was really understanding about questions, and if he said something wrong and a student corrected him, he admitted that he was wrong, this is really good. Many professors wouldn't do that. He really spoke at the student's level."
About the labs . . .
- "The instructor explained concepts very well and made a course that I thought would be boring, very interesting. He is an excellent instructor to explain & demonstrate the interesting world of invertebrates. Also that the instructor was aware of what was going on in lab and often showed up made the course better and the lab more useful in learning."
About the WWW material . . .
- "This course was really interesting, drawings always made things easier to understand. Labs were fun and really interesting."
Back to Zool 250 Home Page
(revised Jan. 10, 1999)