1) NOTE WHICH ROOM IS THE PROPER ONE FOR YOU
2) PLEASE BRING A #2 SOFT-LEAD PENCIL
-- Part I of the exam will require you to fill out Optically Scored Exam Sheets.
3) THE MID-TERM EXAM WILL COVER ALL OF DR. PALMER'S MATERIAL.
4) THE MID-TERM EXAM WILL CONSIST OF THREE PARTS IN THE PROPORTIONS INDICATED BELOW
ANSWER ALL MULTIPLE CHOICE QUESTIONS ON THE OPTICAL SCORING SHEETS. USE THE EXAM SHEETS ONLY FOR YOUR OWN PERSONAL NOTES.
For each statement below, indicate the one choice that yields the single best answer.
(Note the different forms a multiple choice answer may take).
21) The explorer who participated in three circumnavigations of the globe before 1800 and whose maps of the Pacific were used in World War II was: ___________________________________ 22) The bonds that give water most of its unusual properties are called: ___________________________________ 23) The three most significant groups of a) ___________________________________ pelagic phytoplankton are: b) ___________________________________ c) ___________________________________ 24) Although tide tables were available for the Thames River in London by 1213 AD, a physical mechanism for tides was not known until approximately _________ AD. 25) Maximum amplitude tides during a month are called ___________________________________
26) Using a labelled diagram, illustrate the significant features of the earth's atmospheric circulation patterns.
Back to Biol 361 Home Page
Copyright (c) 2007 by A. Richard Palmer. All rights reserved.
(revised Jan. 31, 2007)